Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meals that I Like

I am slowly finding plenty of meals that Asher likes. This is a meal that he tolerated but that I ADORED. Tyler wasn't so much on board (although when I suggested making it for company, he didn't object so he doesn't hate it) but I truly loved it.

Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
originally from tasty kitchen

2.2 lbs chicken, cubed
1 onion, peeled & halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 green bell pepper, seeded & quartered
1 can tomato paste
1 can coconut milk (400 mL)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp garam masala
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
  1. Put chicken in crockpot.
  2. Put everything else (except for water and cornstarch) in food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours.
  3. One hour before serving, mix water and cornstarch and add to chicken curry. Mix well.
  4. Serve over steaming white rice (Jasmine or Basmati are awesome with this!).
Serves 4-5.
The final product: seriously delicious! It is super easy and comfort food at it's finest. I will make this as often as Tyler lets me because it is awesome. Awesome, I tell you, awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment