Sunday, October 25, 2009

Zucchini Pancakes

Zucchini Pancakes
2 c. zucchini, grated
1/2 c. Bisquick
1/4 c. grated onions
1/4 Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
Salt and pepper
Mix all together. Fry like pancakes in butter, 5 minutes on each side.


I made these on a whim one night when we didn't want what I had scheduled for that night. In my head I was planning on trying this recipe from Joy the Baker but I didn't have 4 cups of zucchini. I set out to find another recipe quickly online and this is what I found. It's simple and used Bisquick which I needed to get rid of (double score!).

The ingredients.

The zucchini. As you can see, I had to stretch a bit to even get the 2 cups required for this recipe.

When I mentioned zucchini pancakes, I think Tyler was thinking sweet pancakes with some zucchini in it (maybe more like zucchini bread). These include onion and cheese so they definitely fall into the savory rather than sweet category.

We are more of a waffle bunch so I don't know if I've ever fried up pancakes before. New experiences = hooray!

Big pile of savory, green pancakes.

The final product: these are pretty good and could be very versatile. One could be very creative with toppings and completely change the feel of this meal. Suggestions I saw were sour cream or applesauce. Since we didn't have either of those options, we tried a couple of our own ideas. They were really good with just plain butter. We also liked honey but I think they would interesting with ketchup or salsa. This recipe was a good introduction to zucchini pancakes but I still intend to try Joy the Baker's recipe next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment