Sunday, October 13, 2013

Honey Barbeque Meatloaf

I made meatloaf. That may not sound too exciting or revolutionary but with a kid who's allergic to eggs, that's not normally an option. I found this egg-less meatloaf recipe and decided to give it a try.  I was thinking it would taste much like our family favorite of barbeque meatballs.  It definitely has a different flavor.  It reminds me a lot of the honey barbeque chicken that they use to have at KFC when I was a kid.  Do they still have that?

Anyway, the kids (and Tyler) thought it was a little too spicy so I might cut down the spice next time I try it.  I will definitely try it again though.

Honey Barbeque Meatloaf
from Six Sisters Stuff

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
3/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided
2 Tbsp honey, divided
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
  1. Mix together beef, bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, mustard, 1/2 cup barbeque sauce, 1 Tbsp honey, salt and pepper. (Use your hands; it's good for you!)
  2. Form into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.
  3. Mix together remaining barbeque sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce. Spread half of this over the meat mixture.  
  4. Bake in a 350F oven for 45 minutes.  Slice and drizzle with remaining sauce mixture.  Enjoy!
Serves 4-5 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment